Ways to Reduce Stress
2. Go to bed on time.
3. Get up on time so you can start the day unrushed.
4. Say no to projects that won’t fit into your time schedule, or that will compromise your mental health.
5. Delegate tasks to capable others.
6. Simplify and unclutter your life.
7. Less is more. (Although one is often not enough, two are often too many.)
8. Allow extra time to do things and to get to places.
9. Pace yourself. Spread out big changes and difficult projects over time; don’t lump the hard things all together.
10. Take one day at a time.
11. Separate worries from concerns. If a situation is a concern, find out what you need to do and let go of the anxiety. If you can’t do anything about a situation, forget it.
12. Live within your budget; don’t use credit cards for ordinary purchases.
13. Have backups; an extra car key in your wallet, an extra house key buried in the garden, extra stamps, etc.
14. K.M.S. (Keep Mouth Shut). This single piece of advice can prevent an enormous amount of trouble. No grumbling, no complaining. Ask the Holy Spirit to remind you every time you begin to grumble or complain.
15. Do something for the kid in you every day.
16. Carry a good book with you to read while waiting in line.
17. Get enough rest.
18. Eat right.
19. Get organized so everything has its place.
20. Listen to an inspirational tape while driving, keep the word of God in your heart and ears.
21. Write down thoughts and inspirations.
22. Every day, find time to be alone.
23. Having problems? Talk to your God on the spot. Try to nip small problems in the
bud. Don’t wait until it’s time to go to bed to try and pray.
24. Make friends with centered, loving people.
25. Keep a folder of inspirational quotes on hand.
26. Remember that the shortest bridge between despair and hope is often a good "Thank you, Jesus."
27. Laugh and love.
28. Laugh some more!
29. Take your work seriously, and strive for excellence.
30. Develop a forgiving attitude quickly. Most people are doing the best they can! Repent immediately and go on with your day!
31. Be kind to unkind people—they probably need it the most.
32. Sit on your ego. Don’t get up!
33. Talk less; listen more.
34. Slow down.
35. Remind yourself that you are not the General Manager of the Universe.
36. Every night before bed, think of one thing you’re grateful for that you’ve never been grateful for before. God has a way of turning things around for you.